• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with id

I've been looking for females for my macmasteri for months now and my my lfs ordered some for me. Yet the three they ordered are not macmasteri. I have a male and 2 females. The male and one female paired up quickly and she has wigglers in her cave but trying to figure out what type they are. First two pictures are the male and the third is the female aboce the entrance to her cave.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    881.6 KB · Views: 464
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 486
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    986.4 KB · Views: 431

The unidentified apisto female just pulled the babies out of the cave today. Weird, with my other apistos they seem to pull the babies out as soon as they are wigglers, this pair has pulles them as they now are free swimming. The tank has a pair and an otto in it, the female is an awesome yellow and the male seems to have taken on a bit of yellow him self. ill post pictures of the male today for possible ID.

Please any help would be great. Im getting a few books in the next couple of weeks on Apistos and south american cichlids. A member of my local club happens to do exactly that, sell fish books and hard to aquire books. So getting some Aqualogs and a couple others

Attachments

• photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 345
  • photo 1 (1).JPG
    photo 1 (1).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 361
  • photo 4 (1).JPG
    photo 4 (1).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 357

MickeM

5 Year Member
Hi ..

My guess is that your Apisto male in the pics belongs to the Ap.resticulosa-complex. But I`m not sure and can`t be more specific..

Nice video on the female and fry !!!

MickeM

MickeM

5 Year Member
Similar Apistos to yours often appear in my LFS.. Never (rarely) with a correct name!!!???
Maybe someone else here can help you???

That's what I'm hoping, thanks for the help. The male does have the blue sheen as stated for that complex by mike wises article.

Loves the fish, just bats the glass. He's 8 weeks old so he doesn't know what to make of them. They just move and he attacks the glass

Any pros care to weigh in on this? I post things and seem to never get a reply from the people that are the apisto masters. I have an idea of what they are but not 100% so it would be nice to get some confirmation

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….