• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with an ID

MickeM

5 Year Member
Hi Ted !

My guess is Apistogramma staecki , Ingo Koslowskis book - Die buntbarsche der Neuen Welt, 1985 .(pics at page 109 )

One year earlier this not -yet- described Apisto appeared ..probably the same one ..
Apistogramma spec. (Querstreifen-Apistogramma
) , Horst Linke+ Wolfgang Staeck`s book - Amerikanische Cichliden I Kleine Buntbarsche, 1984. (pics at pages 128+131)

Collected in 1983 in the area of the village/town Trinidad in the northern parts of Bolivia.

One river 10km south of Trinidad as they mention had the water parameters as follows: brownish water , no streaming water/currents? , approx.80cm deep. pH 5,7 . kH >1, gH>1, 94microsiemen at 29 degrees Celsius.
They refer to it as a small Apisto- males 5cm, females 3cm. (Often larger in aquarium tanks when served excellent food every day...if you ask me!!)

This seems like a controlled guess from my part.. German suppliers recently had the wild caught Ap. staecki on their stocklist..
A friend of mine keep and breed them without any problems in his pH 6-6,5 tank..

cheers Mikael

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marakely

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(