• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help ID those?

JennyP

Hi, i bought at the store few apistogrammas, they couldn't tell if male or female or the sub species.

My little experience with apistogrammas point out that they are female cacautoides (cockatoo).

In Brazil, they only sell males, and it is first time i see "female" for sale.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• female 2.png
    female 2.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 212
  • female.png
    female.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 272

JennyP

I would expect to see wavy abdominal stripes below the lateral band on A. cacatuoides. How large are these fish?

They seem young, they are smaller than the femaule A. cacautoides i used to have years ago.

around 3 cm, 1.1 inch

JennyP

I would expect to see wavy abdominal stripes below the lateral band on A. cacatuoides. How large are these fish?
I noticed that they do have those stripes, but they are still very fade, i couldn't capture that at the previous pics.

I am sorry about the quality of those new pictures, it is a good phone, but very excited never stopping swimming fish when i am around.

i do believe they are female because of the yellow color they have, it's to my understanding that some apistos, the females get that yellow look when they are up to having frys. Is that correct?

Attachments

• foto stripes 01.jpg
    foto stripes 01.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 211
  • foto stripes 02.jpg
    foto stripes 02.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 214

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rob_Knox

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….