• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello...I'm Vadis from north central West Virginia getting back into the hobby after a 10-year break

Vadis

Hello...I'm Vadis, an old geeeezer from North Central West Virginia, getting back into the hobby after a 10-year break. I'm working one 30 gallon and three 10s with the 30 now set up as a community. Not much of a choice of fish here but I do have four young kribs in a 10 hoping to have them pair off. When I kept fish before I was mostly interested in breeding. To get back in the swing of things I recently reared a tankful of Firemouths, and another of Convicts. I'm finding that lighting has greatly changed during my time off and I need help to catch up.....Anybody?

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Welcome Vadis....

Lighting choice depends upon your need. The new technology is LED, but there is still a lot of work to be dome to get the spectrum range that is readily available in florescent tubes. For the money, I think that T5 lighting is still the way to go for freshwater tanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….