• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Happy New Year

cootwarm

5 Year Member
Everyone have a safe happy new year!

I'm spending my New Year weekend worrying about my poor wild caught(panduro, Incas and Apache) Apistos that are spending the weekend in a FedEx facility in Memphis, Tenn. because they screwed up and didn't get them out.

I was worried about the cold weather here in the north, I never expected FedEx to screw up on their end. So much for overnite delivery! I hope they are kept in a heated room! At least they're in Memphis rather than a cold New England warehouse.

Michael

aspen

5 Year Member
>>'Apistos that are spending the weekend in a FedEx facility in Memphis...'

i checked the weather in memphis. it is 65 deg. i bet the people down there like their nice indoor warmth, they are likely in a nice heated terminal. i hope everything turns out ok.

and happy new year to you too.

rick

Neil

Michael,
You are not the first that that has happened to. I have gone through that a time or two in both receiving and sending apistos. The only reassuring thing that I can tell you is that apistos seem to do about as well as any fish during shipping - and that includes cold weather shipping. It depends greatly on how they were packed and prepared beforehand. The second shipment I ever sent years ago was in the dead of winter to NY (below freezing). The package was lost and a claim was placed. 6 days later it showed up at the guys door and 75% of the fish survived the ordeal. He said that the water was frigid! Maybe that helped slow down their metabolim
icon6.gif
. Anyway, good luck!!

Happy New Years to all
icon7.gif

Neil

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
Happy new year to all!!

I feel your pain Michael!! It's hapenned to me before, in the dead of winter. The package missed a pick up, got there too late :(

Unfortunately, the fish were all dead :( Water was close to the freezing point.

Hope yours make it through.. you are getting delivered closer to the airport than me. Mine had to spend a few hours on a truck to get to the FedEx center!!

Good luck!

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Happy New Year everyone...

Sorry about your fish shipment delay. I made it a rule of thumb in my hobby that December is a 'no ship' period of time. Too much can go wrong, from shipping delays to winter storms and cold fronts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….