• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Forground

Anyone have any good ideas for foreground plants,

Right now, I'm leaning twords DHG or dwarf sag, probably dwarf sag. Also I'm thinking about dwarf baby tears but need more care info

Thanks

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
I've found that the pygmy chain sword works really good. Once it's rooted (about 2-3 weeks) it really takes off. I don't use CO2, and probably have "medium" light.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
pygmy chain sword
I like "Echinodorus" tenellus as well. Hairgrass, Eleocharis parvula would be another option, all though I usually just use a moss tangle. The downside of the moss is that it tends to collect some sediment from the fishes earth eating activities. I'd keep away from Hemianthus, Glossostigma etc. they aren't really aquatic plants. I did manage to grow Hemianthus callitrichoides successfully, but only emersed on top of a Hamburg Mattenfilter (HMF) sponge.

cheers Darrel

Hmoobthor

dwarf baby tears are very hard and not for beginner and are very demanding plants. They require very high lighting...ur standard compact or fluorescent lighting will do no affect at all and micro nutrients will need to be dose fairly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewShNN

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….