• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Flashy dancer....

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Here is one of my new arrivals. One pair is very close to laying eggs, the other is starting to go through the motions. Without looking at the file names, can you name this westie?
taen_wouri_P_ct_0_001.jpg

taen_wouri_P_ct_0_002.jpg

taen_wouri_P_ct_terr_003.jpg

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Steve and Lisa…or did you want Latin names? Then it would be Stevi and Lisai.

Gorgeous pics! I’ve got to get my pairs set up some where!

Jeff

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
You're right Andre, it looks a lot loke a subocellatus, but it is not. It is a P. taeniatus... but the population is very different from other forms.

mybirdshit

5 Year Member
Agreed. Likely Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'wouri', judging from the prominent yellow patch on the body of the females and the pattern of the tail on the male that I can make out in the first picture.

Wonderful colours on the females.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….