• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

feeding of wild caught panduro pair(really just a newbie asking for any advice)

S

shark6

hey all new here and to apistos on an impulse i purchased a pair of panduros about 2 months ago which now reside in a 20 long with 2 serapae tetras 10 cardinals 1 cory and 4 otto cats, the place where i got them told me that they were wild caught and were only taking live food so i abought some black worms from them (slick werent they) and have been feeding them on that, but recently i read and article on cichlidforum.com(i have alot of africans too) by a guy who said whatever you do dont feed them blackworms. so here i am asking the experts what should i do? also any advice about these guys would be apreciated. ive never had a 2 inch long fish attack the glass when i come near like the male does its awesome

blueblue

5 Year Member
shark6 said:
hey all new here and to apistos on an impulse i purchased a pair of panduros about 2 months ago which now reside in a 20 long with 2 serapae tetras 10 cardinals 1 cory and 4 otto cats, the place where i got them told me that they were wild caught and were only taking live food so i abought some black worms from them (slick werent they) and have been feeding them on that, but recently i read and article on cichlidforum.com(i have alot of africans too) by a guy who said whatever you do dont feed them blackworms. so here i am asking the experts what should i do? also any advice about these guys would be apreciated. ive never had a 2 inch long fish attack the glass when i come near like the male does its awesome

To avoid internal parasites, black worms and blood-red worms are all bad food. I myself feed all my apisto, both wild-caught and tank-bred, with either staple food from reputable manufacturers (E.g. Sera, and Tetra) or
baby-brine-shrimps.
^_^

Cowboy

5 Year Member
If you have a reliable lfs dealer and they offer quality black worms, you should be fine. Besides, I have found this to be the best way to get the pair into breeding shape. Of course, mixing the blackworms with other frozen fare is a great way to maintain their dietary needs. Just my opinion.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
A diet of only blackworms has too much fat for a daily diet. Make sure that they are very clean & washed daily. A varied diet is definitely the best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….