• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

F1 Viejita "Porto Gaitan" or Mac.?

yukondog

5 Year Member
These were sold to me as Viejita, I have contacted the original importer and he tells me he imported them as a wild pair in march of last year, these came to me as F1's from the person who breed them. They dont look like my Mac's. [color or tail spot] P1010215.JPG but that really dont mean much. I was only able to get one good pict.

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
It's A. viejita.
But is the substrate you are using rounded? If not, it's not well suited for Corys and Apistos. The best choice for them is fine, rounded, inert sand.

yukondog

5 Year Member
I nine of the Viejita and have what I think may be another female, the only thing I have to go by is a few pict. on the putter and it's body is more rounded in appearance and less color than the male , the anal and dorsal appear more rounded and not as much red in the top and bottom of the tail, does this sound like a female.

yukondog

5 Year Member
Just checked one of the other tanks [Viejita] I pulled what I thought was a female and the nicest male, it looks like I may have gotten it right the female is started to turn yellow, now if they just finnish up I'll be happy.

Drayden Farci

5 Year Member
Pictures are too far away to tell anything concrete for me. Not an obvious male by any means, but hard to say the other way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….