• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Either of lost a pair of cacs or they are breeding.

sherry

5 Year Member
my orange flash male and the female he spent the most time with are missing in my 30 gallon heavilly planted cube. Tank is densely planted enough that I can lose fish without ever finding bodies :(

they both skipped the last 2 meals, but looked fine yesterday.

any chance they are hiding, spawning?

and if not..

why am I losing fish?

I do 50 % water change once a week.
kh2, gh3, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 20, phosphate 20, temp finally down to 78 with a help of a new fan.
I lost a trio of cacs about a month ago.. tried to treat tank with both antibiotics and antifungal just in case.. only succeeded in melting my plants

have since cleaned out all the dead plants, replanted, every other fish is doing great... including the fish I wish would go away *rummies adn red phantoms*

nobody bigger than cacs in the tank except a bristlenose pleco.

oh help

sherry

5 Year Member
he is dead.

why is my tank killing cacs?

water parameters pristine. everyone else doing great.

nightowl1350

5 Year Member
:( Sorry to hear that. Could your female have killed him? I've been told the female should be aggressive to the point you need to remove the male after they spawn. My pair never parent raised....apparently my female was too much of a whimp :( She died a few weeks ago, but it may have been my albino BN pleco that killed her (or stressed her out) when it wanted her cave to spawn in.

sherry

5 Year Member
I seem to be having a die off. I lost a featherfin rainbow now and a splash tetra.

not sure why. They are fine one minute, and gone the next in perfect color adn shape.

anyone with ideas please help.

fishgeek

deaths in bright colour and no other signs maybe attributable to heavy metal intoxications

it is very difficult to propose much via computer , no external signs
water measured parameters seem ok

do you smoke
use aersol's in house anything you could think of that maybe poisoned water?

sherry

5 Year Member
I don't smoke or use aerosoles.. I do dose ferts (tropica master grow) but I've never heard of anyone losing fish to them and the shrimp are fine.

Today no more deaths. ONly one female cac left.. the three splash tetras are all gone.

I am wondering if the tank was overstocked.... if this calms down.. I may not add any more fish until I catch and remove the school of rummies and the four red phantoms.. just to keep the numbers down. I wanted them gone anyway.

I really want to keep a trio of apistos and some pencils over all. Could my tank be too planted? it is a bit foresty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….