• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dwarf Cichlid Breeder in Connecticut Area

J

John Achilli

Hello,

I have just recently gotten back into fish after a break of a few years. I did some research and decided that I would like to get into dwarf cichlids. So now I am trying to get a hold of some fish (many apistogrammas) and have been unable to find any. I am currently up at UConn and i am looking for some local breeders or a store that might be able to get me some, in the connecticut or rhode island area, or even massachusetts. Thanks everyone for your help!!

John

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Rich Greenfell is in Conn. He is here occasionally. I know that he was moving towards discus and getting rid of several dwarves.

J

John Achilli

Ted,

I found Rich's name on here last week and I emailed him but I never heard anything back. I'm thinking of placing an order with apisto dave since I cant seem to find any fish in the area.

Thanks
John

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
I have E-mailed Rich too, and not heard back. I know he has had some fairly serious health problems. I hope and I'm sure you all do to that he is OK.

Randall

5 Year Member
New England Dwarf Cichlid Retailers

Dear John,

Ned Bowers of Uncle Ned's Fish Factory in Millis, MA, is well respected and comes highly recommended. He should be able to help you. His web site is http://www.unclenedsfishfactory.com.

Please contact me privately for the email addresses of breeders throughout New England.

All the best,

Randall Kohn

J

John Achilli

Thanks for everyones help. I am going to be getting 4 pairs of apistogrammas from Dave. Sweet. I will keep everyone else in mind for possible later purchases. I'll keep everyone posted on how my adventures into Apistogrammas turns out. Thanks again.

John

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….