• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

dithers

Corie Dora

5 Year Member
Is it absolutely necessary to use dithers with a.cacatuoides?

I just made a double breeding setup, for which I planned to pull some tetras from my community tank for dithers, but I just CANNOT catch them for the life of me!

One of the females seems happy, but the other is 'lurking' around. I've yet to introduce the male.

I thought of going to the LFS to get some cheap guppies, but I'd really like to spawn these girls before the quarantine period would be up on the guppies. My LFS is pretty crummy so not quarantining the guppies would be absolutely out of the question.

What does one think the chances of sucessfully spawning them without dithers is?

Corie Dora

5 Year Member
Oh good. Well hopefully they'll be fine without them then. Both females have adjusted to their new surroundings and are happily displaying to their reflections on the bottom of the tank. Thanks Peter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loscide

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….