• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

dither fish (20 gallon long)

Fishyking

I have one pair of apisto triple reds in a heavily planted 20-gallon length. They're both still not adults and other than snails there the only thing in the tank. I have heard of dither fish and I was wondering what I could add or if I even should. I have bred some in a 10 gallon so not sure if either fish will be good or bad for this new setup.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I have one pair of apisto triple reds in a heavily planted 20-gallon length. They're both still not adults and other than snails there the only thing in the tank. I have heard of dither fish and I was wondering what I could add
Pencil fish (Nannostomus spp.) are an option.

I kept A. cacatuoides with Black-neon Tetra (Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi) as <"a dither"> and both fish raised fry successfully.

cheers Darrel

Rycraft

Ember Tetras could be a good option as well. Small fish so you can keep a decent size school without crowding and very hardy in my experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….