• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Could someone i.d these Apisto's

Fryer

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404726858.124228.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404726871.607270.jpg

As I know they ain't golden Agassizi which they were labeled as and I know this ain't a cacatuoides which it was labeled as either

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404726954.865427.jpg

Fryer

Cheers peter Clarke also is this a female
Couldn't see the big fin at the top when it flared up was in a tank on its own

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404732873.083422.jpg

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
"also is this a female" The "Double Red" cacatuoides is a female, you can see the strong black edge to the ventral fins.

The top fish maybe the a xanthic form of A. macmasteri, but I'm very poor at ID's, so you will need some-one who knows what they are talking about to confirm that for you.

cheers Darrel

peterclarke666

5 Year Member
yes the cacatuoide in the photo is a female ...... although there have been cases where females look like males even with the black pelvic fins that females have it can be hard to tell sometimes as i have even seen some females in the usa that even have elongated fins, extended dorsal fin rays etc but id go with female on that one never the less

peterclarke666

5 Year Member
well u already have one female gold cac in with him but often the czech bred golds are quite weak if u breed them together so breeding a gold with a red strengthens the youngs genetics and arnt so sensitive which is what i have been doing and slowly getting there on improving them

PFK133091_zpse958cd9b.jpg

Fryer

Yeah I can see yours a nice like a sun burst colour on the fins. Don't really wanna breed them just thought he'd have another female with him

peterclarke666

5 Year Member
Yeah I can see yours a nice like a sun burst colour on the fins. Don't really wanna breed them just thought he'd have another female with him

no doubt they will breed as cacs are the easiest of apistos to breed and as long as youve got a male and female ur end up with some young lol its the best part of fish keeping watching them heard a bunch of fry around the tank .... and gets addictive i started off with one community tank 5 years ago ..... my kribensis spawned and then had to get another tank .... and it builds up from there and now have 23 tanks lol

Fryer

Yeah I've got a male and those females i posted in my first post on the site. I'd love to have a few tasks just misses says no lol

peterclarke666

5 Year Member
Heard today blood worm is a no no also for cacs

nope its not really good for alot of fish, i havnt used it in over a year since i lost alot of rare fish from bloat as they can't digest it aswel plus bloodworms have hooks on there tails that get caught in the intestines and then bacteria builds up aswel as fluids causing the fish to bloat and then die ... ive never had an apisto come back from it

peterclarke666

5 Year Member
Thank god your not on a water meter lol

urmmmm actually i am lol actually works out cheaper than an unlimited supply that u pay like £40 a month for my house hold water bill (considering ive got two little girls and the mrs that go though clothes like no tomorrow) so the washer is going constantly and baths etc the water bills are only about £120-£150 every 6 months, and even with all my tanks electric is only about £90 per month aswel as all LED lighting and filtered by air powered sponge filters via one air pump and all tanks and racking insulated with double foil loft insulation, polystyrene and plywood board to stability

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….