• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Congochromis Spawn.

Fats

Hi,my Congochromis finally brought out a decent batch of fry the other day i have previously had a few spawns from the pair but only 4 survived from the last batch due to the male and female squabbling i think. So this time removed the male the day before they were due to venture out of the cave.

The reason ive only listed them as Congochromis is because i obtained them under the name Congochromis sabinae but after a bit of research im confident they are not sabinae and more dimidiatus.

Anyway heres some pics of mother with fry.

Ian

Congo3_zpsbbf9fe72.jpg

congo6_zps0b75c81f.jpg

congo5_zpsf7559b40.jpg

Congo4_zpsef919e6d.jpg

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Nice job. My C. sabinae were great parents. I imagine that goes across the entire genus. They raised two spawns in a 75 to sub-adult size. Biggest thing is getting enough food to the fry and clean water. Seems like around 14 days after free swimming I would lose quite a few. No idea why.

wethumbs

5 Year Member
Slimbolen99, I didnt have any issue with the C. sabinae fry. I was however, doing 2 water change per day since the spawns were all very large (300+). My guess is you are feeding alot and not doing enough water change.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….