• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Colourless poop from my Apisto Cockatoo dwarf cichlid

Dwayne

Dear friends,

I would like to ask for your help and opinions on the above mentioned condition. I had a similar condition Apistogramma Agassizii Double Red which passed shortly after I noticed the condition. Currently I have 4 males with one having a white/colorless long poop.
His eating appetite seems to be fine ATM, the only thing is he likes to be isolated instead of playing around the bottom of the tank like how he normally does. I also noticed that there is black neon tetra which has a white spot condition which I am already treating with garlic treatment. Now come this issue.

Can anyone suggest or advise me what can I do to overcome this condition?

I also have planned to get NT labs Anti Internal Bacteria medicine which I have never used in the past.

Your advise and opinions are very welcome.

Thanks

Attachments

• P_20211019_154802.jpg
    P_20211019_154802.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
  • P_20211019_154803.jpg
    P_20211019_154803.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 130
  • P_20211019_154808.jpg
    P_20211019_154808.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
  • P_20211019_154816.jpg
    P_20211019_154816.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 134

MacZ

I also noticed that there is black neon tetra which has a white spot condition which I am already treating with garlic treatment.
If it is really Ich garlic won't help.

I also have planned to get NT labs Anti Internal Bacteria medicine which I have never used in the past.
What for? The white poop and the overall look of the Apisto tell me it's internal parasites, not bacteria.
This could be worms, protozoans or flagellates. While the latter two can be treated with the same meds, worms would need a different treatment.

Get an anti-protozoan med and you can treat ich and some types of internal parasites at once. If after that the problem in the Apisto is still there wait some days and do a treatment for worms.
Don't know where you live, so I can't recommend a certain med. Depends all on what's available. Bit pretty much every manufacturer has at least one med that would be the correct treatment for what's going on with your fish.

Dwayne

If it is really Ich garlic won't help.

What for? The white poop and the overall look of the Apisto tell me it's internal parasites, not bacteria.
This could be worms, protozoans or flagellates. While the latter two can be treated with the same meds, worms would need a different treatment.

Get an anti-protozoan med and you can treat ich and some types of internal parasites at once. If after that the problem in the Apisto is still there wait some days and do a treatment for worms.
Don't know where you live, so I can't recommend a certain med. Depends all on what's available. Bit pretty much every manufacturer has at least one med that would be the correct treatment for what's going on with your fish.
Thank you sir. I live in Malaysia. If you can recommend me some medicine and the way of using it, that will be great.

MacZ

Sorry, I don't know what manufacturers are available there.
All should come with instructions, though.

Dwayne

That's alright sir.
So far what I have seen now is API General Cure for white spot and the white stringy poop.
Just hoping that it's not a worm issue.

MacZ

Please use separate meds. General broadband meds contain a lot of stuff you don't need in this situation and can weaken the fish additionally.

First treat the ich, then the inner parasites.

And yes, agree, let's hope there are no worms involved.

Edit: I usually don't recommend products by that company, but with Seachem MetroPlex you should be able to treat both at once with less sie effects. I picked this because of it's availability, not because I endorse them or their products.
I myself use meds by Sera and JBL.

Last edited:

Dwayne

Please use separate meds. General broadband meds contain a lot of stuff you don't need in this situation and can weaken the fish additionally.

First treat the ich, then the inner parasites.

And yes, agree, let's hope there are no worms involved.

Edit: I usually don't recommend products by that company, but with Seachem MetroPlex you should be able to treat both at once with less sie effects. I picked this because of it's availability, not because I endorse them or their products.
I myself use meds by Sera and JBL.
Thank you again Sir for your recommendation. I have already placed my order for Seachem MetroPlex. Seachem products are quite easy to get here in Malaysia.
I hope and pray that everything goes well for this little. Thank you again Sir. Much appreciated.

I will update here once I have already tested the product.

Dwayne

Good day Sir @MacZ

I have bought the Seachem MetroPlex and garlic guard as recommended by yourself and the garlic guard as recommended by the website..
I have been medicating the fishes by using the guidelines advised.

So far, I can notice that the fishes are recuperating well from the medication. I will give it a week more and then update you the complete results of it.

Thank you Sir

Attachments

• P_20211025_231958.jpg
    P_20211025_231958.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 104

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….