• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Collecting trips

inexorable

5 Year Member
Just curious about who has been down to SA to collect apistos. If you have, how many times, briefly describe if it was great or not, and any links to web pages with an acount of your adventure. I want to learn about what species hobbyists are bringing back and how the collecting/transport procedure works.

Dave

cdawson

5 Year Member
I would like to know as well, I want to start planning a trip in the next year and a half (wink wink nudge nudge starforsaken...) ;)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
If you are going to the ACA convention in Dallas next month, Jeff Cardwell will be talking at the ASG meeting on his trip to Bolivia. Jeff has headed trips to many location in Bolivia, Brazil, Peru, & the Guianas. I'd ask him.

Aquatico

5 Year Member
I have been to Peru twice. I have a trip going next Aug.(06), Want to go? The first time the rivers were down and you could catch 10 to 20 Apistos in each net full. The second time the rivers were up and you would catch 1 Apisto per 50 scoops with the net. We will be bringing back the fish we catch. If you go once you will want to go back. I am going to try to get a trip to Brazil ( Rio Negro) too. It wont be as fancy as the trip to Peru.

Don Atkinson

mervin

5 Year Member
Aquatico said:
. I am going to try to get a trip to Brazil ( Rio Negro) too. It wont be as fancy as the trip to Peru.

Don Atkinson

hi Don,
i'm not sure but i heard that there are plenty of restriction about taking fishes out of that country ???

Aquatico

5 Year Member
mervin said:
hi Don,
i'm not sure but i heard that there are plenty of restriction about taking fishes out of that country ???
As long as you go through an exporter, and dont try to export any restricted Sp.

The trip will cost about 3000 with out spending $

Don

andrespalomino

5 Year Member
If some of you are interested in collecting trips in Colombia, you can contact me anytime.

I would like to go to the Oricono region, Amazon region or the Choco region with some people interested in fishes.

I dont work for a travel agency (actually im a biologist!), but if someone like the idea, we can do a really goood collecting trip in this region

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….