• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can Macmasteri coexist with cacatouides in 40 gallon?

FishKeeper510

I have a pair of macmasteri gold in my 40 gallon and in my 10 gallon breeding tank i have a pair of orange flash cacatouides. The female has taken her fry for their first free swim but the male ate 3 or 4 of them already. I really want to keep the fry with beat chance of survival. Anyways what I want to know is if I can move my male cacatouides to the 40 breeder until the fry are old enough to be in the tank on their own. And if the Macmasteri pair would get along with the male cacatouides

yukondog

5 Year Member
I have a pair of Macs. [Viejita] and a pair of Cacs. in a 40 long and so far they get along fine, just have plenty of plants and places they can go and hide, I took a log and put it from front to back and lined it with flat rocks that are about four inches high and pit a row of plants, it give each side there own space. Good luck and keep an eye out for to much aggression.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….