• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

can anyone give me some info on teleocichla?

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
Teleocichla

Common name: Slender pike cichlid
Max. size: 4.0 cm SL
Gazetteer South America: Xingu River rapids in the vicinity of Altamira, Pará, Brazil.
Biology: A rheophilic species that dwells on rocky bottom rapids with water flow up to 1.7 m/sec. Perches solitary on top of boulders. Forages on rock surfaces and picks mostly on benthic preys; also feeds on micro-crustaceans (cladocerans, ostracods, copepods), immature aquatic insects (chironomids, ephemeropterans, trichopterans) and minute clams

So, this species would like some rocks in its environment as well as a good current.

Try this thread - http://www.forum.apistogramma.com/showthread.php?t=2805

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Size gets much larger than 4 cm/2¼". Most males get to 12cm/4¾". Can be somewhat aggressive, & sensitive to polutants. Also don't ship well due to the need for lots of O2. The genus has been found in the Rio Tocantins, Xingu, Tapajós (south of the Amazon) & Rio Paru (on the north) I suggest that you read what Römer's Atlas has to say about this genus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….