• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bitanaetia Wrigglers

TankWatcher

5 Year Member
Yippee, I have wrigglers in the tank. The male does not appear to be helping out with guarding at all, so I hope she can keep the pencil fish (dithers) at bay.

The female leaves them from time to time - she still seems to be trying to tempt the male. She is still wearing her beautiful breeding dress, which is sooooo much nicer that her drab every day look.

Don't know how to get liquid fry food to them. I do have a baby medicine dropper, but it's not long enough to reach down to where she they are. It's only about 4.5inches long.

I hope at least some survive, but at least I know my water can support both eggs & hatching (at least).

Yippee

nightowl1350

5 Year Member
Congrats! If you have a small tank (5 or 10g) next time move Mom and eggs. Not sure if it is true with all apistos, but the female apisto C is the one who protects eggs/fry :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….