• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Biotoecus

freshwaterfishfan

5 Year Member
Anyone working with Biotoecus? I have a group of 4 (1 male/3 female) but I would like to add some wild blood. I used to get them to spawn (though never got fry) but now I can't get get them to do that. These are f1.
Thanks
Steve Thornton

Microman

5 Year Member
A few of us now have them in the UK...
I purchased an initial group of 6 wilds and have had 3 spawnings to date..
Managed to grow on each brood successfully and have found that feeding is definately the key to success when raising the young. They require very small first foods such as Paramecia,Microworm, Vinegar Eel etc for the first week prior to moving onto BBS.
If you have got them to spawn but have no viable eggs then probably your water params in terms of ph and hardness are too high..
They do require very soft water with a low ph for successful breeding.
Will PM you.

Deedoo

5 Year Member
Happy guys !!

I am looking for Biotoecus for years now. In France, we can't find them easily :'(

I had 4 in 2003. I had spawns but no fry and I lost them during the very hot summer in 2003... Since that day, I can't find them anymore...

I'm really sad of that. If one day you want to help some poor french girl to have some, please, be my guest ^^

Thanks

Zapisto

5 Year Member
Deedoo said:
Happy guys !!

I am looking for Biotoecus for years now. In France, we can't find them easily :'(

I had 4 in 2003. I had spawns but no fry and I lost them during the very hot summer in 2003... Since that day, I can't find them anymore...

I'm really sad of that. If one day you want to help some poor french girl to have some, please, be my guest ^^

Thanks
hmm
i think you did not look at the rigth place :) :)
i know some french people who had some ...

bienvenue a toi sur ce forum de fous des nains :)

Deedoo

5 Year Member
Trust me, I was looking hard for these beauties ! Even Charly Eon doesn't had this fish !

Florent de Gasperis had a few of them for me but they unfortunately died before I get them.

If you know who in France has or had these fish, please tell me ;)

Merci pour la bienvenue ;) Mais je ne suis pas nouvelle, ma venue ici date justement du temps où j'ai eu ces poissons magnifiques ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marakely

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(