• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beautiful pair of P.Pulcher

rypesh

5 Year Member
I just found the most beautiful pair of Kribs I've ever seen. The male fins are lined with bright red while the female is lined with a wonderful orange. Her belly is that royal jelly purple. They are housed in my 20 gal with a 5 danios and a large upsidedown cat and plenty of cover. I have java ferns in there for some reason. I'm doing a water check on them later so I'll get the specs, last I checked ph was 7.5. Is that too high or too low for this species? Please let me know. I'll add all i find out tonight later plus some pictures once I finally download them from the camara. I'll probably head on over to one of the other forums to ask my questions about breeding. Woooo!

Randall

5 Year Member
Pelvicachromis pulcher?

Hello rypesh,

Ooh, sounds exciting!

You could have a tank-raised Pelvicachromis pulcher, or as Ted suggests, P. taeniatus. A pH of 7.5 should be fine for tank-raised fish, but when breeding your male to female ratio will be skewed. 7.0ish may be better.

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marakely

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(