• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

babies not realy swimming

trev1

5 Year Member
i have a nice new pair of taeniatus bandwari and they have there first group of fry. This is the problem, i have some scarlet kribs that are with babies and they actually swim like normal fish but these others kind of stay close to or on the bottom. they are eating and growing but they hop more than swim...
Sometimes there is the odd one that looks like it is swimming but they for the most part, staying on the bottom. They seem very cautious and timid. Both parents are right over them..
any help would be great,
thanks
Trevor

bigbird

5 Year Member
my suggestion would be to be patient and wait, about 7 days . time will allow them to swim and yes they are very cautious . keep on reporting...cheers jk :cool:

trev1

5 Year Member
Thanks

Thanks for the info guys
it's good to know there going to be ok

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marakely

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(