• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Astatotilapia desfontainii

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
About a year back I was fortunate enough to acquire a group of five A. desfontainii. THe fish have grown to a nice size, but haven't produced any broods yet. There seem to be a very few hobbyists out there who sppawn this species somewhat regularly, while most of us don't have much luck. I already talked with Erwin Schraml who collected this species in Tozeur, but after some initial success he wasn't able to breed this species any more. I was wondering, if any forum members keep this species and managed to figure out the secrets of how to get them going?

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Go to the Hill Country Cichlid CLub forum and contact Greg Steeves. He will be very interested to know that you may have an unrelated group of this very very rare fish. Steve got his from Anton a few years ago, and has been breeding them pretty regulary, but not in huge numbers.

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
Ted: My fish trace back to Anton and Greg. You are right when saying that Greg spawned them on a few occasions. Last time I talked to Greg, I was under the impression that he hasn't had any luck recently. I might be wrong, though, and will follow up with him. Thanks.

Janos

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marakely

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(