• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Archocentrus nanoluteus

dhm325

5 Year Member
Does anyone on the forum know if the sex ratio of these fish is dependent on pH or temperature? I purchased a group of 8 sub-adults on Aquabid a few months ago and they are now sexable. Seven of the 8 fish are female -- they each have a large blue spot on their dorsal fins. The information I have found on the internet is that the dorsal spot is present only in females. It seems strange that only one of eight is a male. I haven't kept Cental American cichlids for at least 30 years and back then Convicts were the only available member of what is now the genus Archocentrus. I have not heard that the sex ratio of Convict fry is influenced by either pH or temperature. Thanks.

David

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I will ship you a nice male for two females... I have the opposite problem. To answer your question, I have not heard of sex ratio issues with Cryptoheros asociated with temperature or pH... that does not mean it is not possible.

Seriously.. wanna trade?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….