• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogrammas Online

Will

I was wondering what most people use on the forum to get male/female pairs of apistogrammas. I'm looking to find a Panduro pair and an Agassizii pair. I wanted to support local breeders and shops but none of them have those species so I have to expand out to online. Thanks.

central tanks

I used a guy called Shawn Flynn for my agazii pair. Am about to order from him again. I believe he uses this site as purefishworks or something like that. He posts in the sell/buy area. I worked with him through facebook, found him on the Apistogramma International page I think.

I currently have fry for agazii but there is only females... ya what amazing odds that is.

Will

I used a guy called Shawn Flynn for my agazii pair. Am about to order from him again. I believe he uses this site as purefishworks or something like that. He posts in the sell/buy area. I worked with him through facebook, found him on the Apistogramma International page I think.

I currently have fry for agazii but there is only females... ya what amazing odds that is.
Thanks, I’ll look into him. Do you ship? I actually have a wild caught male and would love to use him to freshen up captive gentics, just need a bunch of females.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris1805

5 Year Member
[QUOTE="
I currently have fry for agazii but there is only females... ya what amazing odds that is.[/QUOTE]

The odds of having only females is quite big if you temperature is not set right or when you ph is off.

central tanks

my PH is at 7(I believe my wood raises it to 7 as I use RO water).
I keep my temp at about 77 degrees F. Which I thought is about the mid point to get a mixed ratio. Please correct me if im wrong.
To be fair it is a really small batch of fry with only 5 survivors so not the best numbers to pull a statistic with.

central tanks

Thanks, I’ll look into him. Do you ship? I actually have a wild caught male and would love to use him to freshen up captive gentics, just need a bunch of females.

I have never shipped fish before so I honestly wouldn't recommend me shipping you them, I don't really actively breed just what ever happens, happens. I believe I found a local guy that is interested in getting a few of them, if I cant sell them locally id be okay with looking into shipping them and doing the research to do it safely. Then obviously any DOA id refund, just don't wana ship unless I cant off load them locally.

Will

my PH is at 7(I believe my wood raises it to 7 as I use RO water).
I keep my temp at about 77 degrees F. Which I thought is about the mid point to get a mixed ratio. Please correct me if im wrong.
To be fair it is a really small batch of fry with only 5 survivors so not the best numbers to pull a statistic with.
I believe more males develop at higher temps, and I think the mid point is about 80 degree for a 1:1 ratio. However if you loose a lot of fry it becomes a possibility to get all males and or all female.

Drayden Farci

5 Year Member
The Wet Spot almost always has both of those species. If you're looking for wild A. agassizi, they just ran out, but have A. panduro.

Will

The Wet Spot almost always has both of those species. If you're looking for wild A. agassizi, they just ran out, but have A. panduro.
Yeah my problem with those is they don’t promise gender pairs for most of those. Otherwise I would’ve bought from them.

Drayden Farci

5 Year Member
They don't guarantee anything due to sneaker males or fish that are entirely too small to sex, but the fish you're after should be easy enough. If they aren't sure of their guess at least within reason, they'll let you know.

central tanks

Have yall ordered from wet spot for overnight delivery? Might order from them since Shawn is out of double red males. Issue is there $24 order minimum. Gonna have to throw in some pencilfish or ottos to make the price since males are just $15.

Will

They don't guarantee anything due to sneaker males or fish that are entirely too small to sex, but the fish you're after should be easy enough. If they aren't sure of their guess at least within reason, they'll let you know.
So do you just request the species you want and a pair if they can?

Drayden Farci

5 Year Member
Have yall ordered from wet spot for overnight delivery? Might order from them since Shawn is out of double red males. Issue is there $24 order minimum. Gonna have to throw in some pencilfish or ottos to make the price since males are just $15.

You might check their twitter for a little discount on Pencilfish... :)

So do you just request the species you want and a pair if they can?

Yea send an email with all of your info and fish that you want along with sexing requests. They will automatically send a best guess male-female for most Apisto's unless otherwise marked, like in the case of the male A. agassizi that Central Tanks posted about.

Will

You might check their twitter for a little discount on Pencilfish... :)

Yea send an email with all of your info and fish that you want along with sexing requests. They will automatically send a best guess male-female for most Apisto's unless otherwise marked, like in the case of the male A. agassizi that Central Tanks posted about.
Well that makes them a much better option. I have a local place that said they will try to get them in first but if they can't I'll give wet spot a go. Thanks for your help!

fairone2

I was wondering what most people use on the forum to get male/female pairs of apistogrammas. I'm looking to find a Panduro pair and an Agassizii pair. I wanted to support local breeders and shops but none of them have those species so I have to expand out to online. Thanks.

Hello ~ I know Trins Tropical Fish online shop are selling pairs right now. I believe they have panduros and double red agassazzi pairs currently! I just bought a pair of cacatuoides 'orange flash' from them recently and I just discovered they have babies already! (My first!). They have a store on e-bay, but I use their regular online store because the shipping costs less than half of what their e-bay store! Good luck!
Lisa

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….