• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma iniridae

A

andrespal13

I just want any information you have or a good link about A. iniridae

I also want something about Dicrossus filamentosus and D. maculatus (which are the morphological differences between them?)

thanks

Neil

andrespal13,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

You cn probably find info about iniridae through a google search or a search here. I am pretty sure we have discussed them several times before. They are nice, but difficult, Apistogramma species, requiring very soft, acidic water for reproduction.

Young maculata are very similar to filamentosa. However, the caudal fin is a clear indicator of the species as maturity is reached, both in the shape and patterning. Maculata males have a lance-like tail, where filamentosa has a lyred caudal fin. Typically there is a stronger reddish coloration in all fins of maculata adult males that can be subtle or remarkably vivid. A side note is that, despite their comparative rarity, I have found breeding D. maculata much easier than filamentosa. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get my D. sp. "Tapajos" to spawn!!!

Neil

kaj.p

5 Year Member
kaj.p said:
Acolombiasp55.jpg
Sorry Here are my group of iniridae 6 individuals. They have been hatching twise.
Ph 6.7 and MS below 200. I juse spangnumfiltratet RO water. In the tanks i have oakleavs and cones from Al (alnus)
Sorry for my bad english spelling.

Neil

kaj.p,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

They have been hatching twise.
Ph 6.7 and MS below 200.

Very suprising. I have had success with this species with only conditions much lower than what you mention. Did you get free-swimming fry under these conditions?

Neil

kaj.p

5 Year Member
Neil said:
Very suprising. I have had success with this species with only conditions much lower than what you mention. Did you get free-swimming fry under these conditions?

I was also suprised. I bought them a few months ago and was working on lowering the watervalues. (Ph and Ms.) The first time i discoverd that the have spawend was when i had just finished cleaning the tank and refileld it up with spangnumfiltratde ReversOsmos water.
Then i saw that one of the females behaved strange. Then i saw a cloud of smal freeswimming fryes. The female had been to stressed and soon the fryes where spred out though the hole tank, and in a few hours they were all gone. After that i always give theme some time before waterchanges.
The second time the spawned they did'nt get any freeswimming fryes.
But now the female has change to a yellow colour again and have been digging out the clay pot so i hope that they will spawn again soon. The watervalues are still higher then recomended Ph 6.6 and Ms 180. They are feed with black and white mosquitolarves, artemia.
(all frosen) and live newly hatched artemia.
I also have Wild Caught A. Acensis and A Mendezi “manus†in the same watervalues. But there has been no action in those tanks.

AIniradae3.jpg

AIniriadae3.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elvashave

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….