• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Eremnopyge

Mpaw

5 Year Member
New apisto in my tanks.
Apistogramma eremnopyge Rio Tigre, trade name Apistogramma sp Perla from alto Nanay

Female "1" with 4 days old fry

dscf28541024.jpg

Female "2" with larvae near cave

dscf28401024.jpg

Female "2" with 1 days old fry

dscf29211024.jpg

Male

dscf28971024.jpg

dscf28991024.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
... Apistogramma eremnopyge Rio Tigre, trade name Apistogramma sp Perla from alto Nanay

Nice fish! Congratulations on your success.

On another note, I'm always amazed at the commercial names that come with some fish. The Río Tigre is a separate river system from the upper (alto) Río Nanay. I know that A. eremnopyge comes from both systems and that there probably is mixing of headwaters in some areas, but there is no way to say from where your fish came. It really doesn't matter a lot for anyone other than those who want pure populations. In that case, the fish aren't available commercially, but only by collecting their own or getting them from someone who did.

Mpaw

5 Year Member
I bought them as the new species Apistogramma Perla in September in Stingray Aquarium, didn't have them on the list, two days later TomC, he put almost identical photographs on apisto.sites.no with description "Amazing color-form of Apistogramma eremnopyge.These fishes were collected in Peru in September 2010, amazingly in the RioTigre drainage! (New location =new population?)" , now she appeared on stocklist with the description alto nanay.
I got this photo from Francisco in September:

apistoperlac1024.jpg

Tom C

5 Year Member
I have no problems with the location said to be both Rio Tigre and Alto Nanay.

A look at the map of Rio Tigre, the area market yellow (by me) is called district of Alto Nanay

resizeimage.aspx

A closer look.

resizeimage.aspx

At this office in Intuto, Rio Tigre:

resizeimage.aspx

resizeimage.aspx

I took this picture of the map on their wall:

resizeimage.aspx

As you see: the area at the right side of Rio Tigre / Rio Pucacuro is called Alto Nanay.

There are lots of small streams in this area, some drain into the Rio Nanay, and others into the Rio Tigre.

But almost all the jungle streams in this area are entered from Rio Tigre by the fishermen, as it is almost impossible to go there by Rio Nanay (for several reasons).
Whether the streams where the actual fish is collected, actually drain into the Rio Nanay or the Rio Tigre, is not known by others than the fisherman.

Alex92

I have a pair of wild eremnopyge, unfortunately 2 males...
Looking to find some females to breed in a dedicated tank.

Eremnopyge-11.jpg

Eremnopyge-02.jpg

Eremnopyge-09.jpg

(sorry for algae in pics... i'm working on it...)

animalmgc

5 Year Member
ermnopyge

heres my pair in a 15 gal planted w co2.Recent batch of fry
169-1.jpg

171.jpg

anythng to add about them would be appreciated.I know they're wilds from Peru

animalmgc

5 Year Member
I ran across some reading material which says there is more than one type(color form) of Ermnopyge.Anyone have any idea which type mine are

Andrew Powell

Good morning all,

I am new to this forum and whilst researching Apistogramma Ermnopyge I came across some fantastic images on this thread. We have two male Eremnopyge (they were sold as a pair when they were small) and they are coloured up beautifully.
I was wondering if our cf is Rio Tigre or some other cf?

One minute the males are a 'bland' colour and the next the are a very dark (kind of blackish colour) with alot of blue.

Hope someone can clarify for me :)

Thankyou all in advance :)

Attachments

• 10295128_10152153890757947_572140515736914380_o.jpg
    10295128_10152153890757947_572140515736914380_o.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 478
  • 10255050_10152153891627947_3413634887270218734_o.jpg
    10255050_10152153891627947_3413634887270218734_o.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 480

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….