• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma D47s

T1mmus82

Hi guys, newbie to the forum
I found this page whilst trying to get some more info on D47s i just inherited around 20 possibly 25 from a friend downsizing. I have them in a holding/quarantine at the moment just looking for some tank setup idea's?
Tank size
Group sizes
Thinking of doing a black water tank with lots of wood plants and leaf litter?
Any one with personal experience of these wee beauts with some tips would be greatly appreciated as there's only so much Google can tell you!!

Tom C

5 Year Member
The Apistogramma sp. "D47" is a beautiful fish!
One of my wild males looked like this

resizeimage.aspx

We collected them west of Puerto Inirida, Colombia, in the Rio Guaviare drainage, in February 2017.

This was during the dry season, so the water was shallow, hot and very muddy.

resizeimage.aspx

resizeimage.aspx

pH: 6,39 Conductivity: 173 microSiemens/cm Temperature: 31,0 degrees C

The Rio Guaviare is a whitewater river that drains the southernmost part of the Colombian llanos ecosystem.
When we were there, there was no water coming in or going out of the collection site. But we could see from the surroundings that when the water is higher, the water is connected to the (now) small stream we followed from the main river to reach the place, the water level had been at least 1 meter higher.
The evaporation had obviousely concentraited the salts here, so a bit lower conductivity (and temperature!) would be good, in your tank.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….