• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Cacatuoides female with Agassizii Male?

rollj1

Hi all,

I'm in a dilemma! I recently ordered a new A Cacatuoides Male from a fish store to replace one that I sadly lost a few months back. I have let the female A Cacatuoides I had grow out a bit just to ensure she is a female.

I picked my male up today and queried the species as it didn't look right. However they assured me it was a cockatoo Cacatuoides so I thought I'd take him. I've now researched it and am convinced he's a Agassizii Male.

My question is can I keep him with a female A Cacatuoides or will they fight? They both seem ok at the moment. Worse case I could return him back to the store but it's an hour away and I feel it's unfair to put the fish through the journey again.

I'd really love to keep him but I'm not sure if I can?

John.

DanielG

If your original goal was to get a Cacatuoides...then the 1 hour trip is worth it in my books. Not only did you want a male of the same species, but the LFS sold you the wrong fish.

I'd call and ask the return policy on the fish, and bring him back for a direct swap...so long as your fish doesn't look stressed, he should be fine to make the trip...

rollj1

Well I did just that yesterday. The male Agassizii was chasing and harassing the female.

The store did not have any Cacatuoides males although they still seems to think the one I returned was!

My female is alone again but happy. I need to trust my judgement more next time.

John.

davidjp1982

Donating Member
Sounds like you should find a new LFS! I've been guilty of being very 'British' in these circumstances before and not wanting to cause a fuss!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….