• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Barlowi Spawn

John

Hi everyone,

Just a quick post with a couple of pictures of my wild pair of Apistogramma Barlowi which have spawned in the last week. ( Total of 9 fry which is probably around normal for a first spawn, but I'd hope for this to grow next time )

This is my first time keeping this particular species, I've wanted them for a long time and am very happy to have bred them in a short time ( I've had them for around a month )

I've bred loads of Apistos but these guys go down as my favourite s far :) Next on my list would be the Kelleri.

The pair are in a tank with the PH set at 5.3, temperature is 27 degrees, sand substrate with alder cones, driftwood and coconut caves, with a small amount of oak extract used.

Thanks John

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Very nice! When I was keeping this species I never have a spawn larger than 12, but my females were not very large.

LOFFA NORWAY

Very nice. My Barlowi had frys on april 19th an now i have between 20 and 30 frys now, at least. Its the second time they had eggs. First time it was only 14 eggs, and only for few days, then they was gone. Now she had more than 50 eggs!!! Hope this will go good for my frys this time.

In Norway this apisto is hard to find, but was lucky to bump into TomC. I have also a pair of Sp "Oregon" that "gave" me eggs two days ago. Also for the second time. Same happend with this eggs. Wish you good luck, and sorry about my English

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….