• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma bali?

L

limpingfish

Hi,
I visited my local pet store , and they had pure white (but not albino) Apistogrammas, with little brown spots on their forheards. I was written there that their name is Apistogramma Bali - but when i searched on the net for it, i haven't found anything like that!
Any ideas?

L

limpingfish

I see.
I guess i'll have to buy & post pics of it..
Just two questions- If there are no females, should I buy 2 males? 1 male? 3 ? Or none at all?
Is there any chance of fin nipping (there's a betta in the tank)? (I mean, is it common for Apistogrammas to nip fins?)

thanks

Cichlid Junkie

5 Year Member
limpingfish,
If you have a cell phone with a camera in it or know somebody with one, you could snap yourself a picture of it. This way you can find out what it is before you spend your money.

L

limpingfish

borelli1.jpg

borelli2.jpg

borelli3.jpg

L

limpingfish

Ugh. Thanks..
So, What can you tell me about it? Is it aggressive? How big does it get?
apisto2.jpg

apisto1.jpg

kribs

5 Year Member
This fish is offered at a lot of places and under a lot of different names sometimes it is sold as Apistogramma Borrelli or Apistogramma Eunotus. It is a hybrid and females are rarily available. I have only seen females for sale once and was unable to keep them alive as once they were ready to breed they ended up dying.

M

Martin H

Do you have more info on the hybrid aspect ? I have trouble finding any info on this fish..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….