• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto trifasciata and hongsloi

Subtle Aquatics

Hey guys, I have a set feeding schedule for condition my tri. And it conditions them well and they have produced three batches of fry since having them. But I'm curious if I can get into better food lines than what I use. Currently I feed omega one carnivore, hikari bloodworms, omega one mysis shrimp, hikari bs with spirulina, and hikari bbs. As well as fluval protein+omega one super color. But I'm curious about the rep ashy line. Has anyone ever tried these.

http://www.amazon.com/Repashy-Spawn...=UTF8&qid=1402206930&sr=8-32&keywords=repashy

I don't particularly like API, aqueon, tetra, nls. I haven't tried cobalt yet though I've heard its a good food. So what's your take on some good foods, aside from manually freeze drying and mixing up bugs to feed these guys haha,

Robi

I love NLS flakes (has close to 50% protein) and my Apistos all eat it well (with rare exception), they even get conditioned up on it! Personally, I would stay away from worms. I didn't believe it until I saw it myself in my recently bred cacatuoides females (multiple cases), getting clogged intestinal tracts and constipation from blood and live black worm, I even lost one who developed septicemia (probably a bursted a bowel). On BBS and NLS flakes, this never happens. So no worms, only (live) crustaceans and flakes in my fish room! :) As far as Rapeshy, I think it's a superb food, tried it, unfortunately my Apistos don't touch it. It sinks and sits there, if they accidentally take a bite, they spit it out immediately. :( I think it's something with the taste or consistency, not sure... Will give it a second try... On the label Rapeshy looks fantastic!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….