• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto sp.?

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'm learning how to post pics so bear with me!

These fish were labeled as Apisto. borellii, they obviously are not that. They are still in quarantine, but deceided to start spawning. Any idea what they really are?

I'll work on getting some better pictures and continue to play with posting them.:rolleyes:

Thanks,
Jeff

Attachments

• apisto. sp. male and female.JPG
    apisto. sp. male and female.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 504

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
The pics show up in the text for me. I set them up as an attachment. I'm no sure what the problem is???

I'm wondering if only the mods can view the pics attached this way!

Jeff

retro_gk

5 Year Member
Jeff, navigate to your control panel (User CP) in the menu above and under "Edit Options>Thread Display Options", make sure "Display Images" is checked.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Rahul,

It's all set correctly. When I open the post I can see the pictures and Mike Wise can see the pictures. So I'm not sure what the problem is???

Jeff

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
Jeff, navigate to your control panel (User CP) in the menu above and under "Edit Options>Thread Display Options", make sure "Display Images" is checked.

Mine is set up to see pics, and I get the error as well.

Lisachromis, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Tea

5 Year Member
Hello

Jeff, I picked up 2 pairs a couple years ago and spawned them but I sold them off. I have pics of them when full grown. The pic in my avatar is a pic of the male I had, he showed yellow markings on his cheeck and when he displays shows black vertical lines on his sides. does your fish show the same? I '' try to postsome pics up.. Vue

Tea

5 Year Member
Hello

It doesn't work if you click on it but copy the url and paste it and it should work...

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Tia,

I can't be sure because of the small size of the photos, but it looks like you have 2 different species in the batch of photos. Neiter look like the species in the original post, however.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I moved the fish to a long term tank a few days ago. Here is a better shot of the dominate male. I can dig through the 50+ shots I took this morning and post some additional images if needed.

Jeff

Attachments

• apisto.sp. male new.JPG
    apisto.sp. male new.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 385

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Dominant males make pretty pictures, but they usually don't show many of the diagnostic features needed for ID. Do you have photos of a female or subdominant male??

From this photo & what I can see on the others, I think that you have one of the many color morphs of A. sp. Pebas, but it might be A. sp. Papagei/Parrot (Caudalfleck) (A 92).

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
subdominatemaleapisto.jpg

subdominantmaleapisto-1.jpg

femalespawncolorapisto.jpg

Let's try these pics...

I was guessing A. sp. Pebas or A. sp. Papagei/Parrot, but like many people I have trouble telling the 2 apart. And this fish seems to have a lot more of a blue sheen to it.

Jeff

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Are these domestic or wild fish? I ask because the male looks like A. sp. Papagei (Caudalfleck) (A 92), but has a patterned tail like on A. sp. Pebas. The female has markings more like those of of A. sp. Putumayo (A 85-86), maybe Pebas (A 87). I just can't say based on the available photos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….