• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto pandurini

• Thread starter William from Québec
  • Start date
W

William from Québec

Hi, I have at home, in a 10 gallon tank, a pair of apistogramma pandurini. I'd like them to spawn, but I'm not sure of the set up of the tank :

It's a 10 gallons tank, filtration on peat, température is 26°C, pH 5.5 and very soft water.

Is my set up ok ? the male seems to be ready to spawn, but the female is not : she is not still "yellow".

Thanks for your help, and sorry for my bad english :biggrin:

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Your water conditions are excellent, but in my opinion the aquarium is too small. Apistogramma panduro (the correct name for this species) can be aggressive, so keep an eye on your pair.

W

William from Québec

thanks... and...

ok, thank you for your help. 10 gallons is a bit small, but there are plenty of rocks and plants where the female can hide when the male is running after her, for cruising or else, I still don't know.

I just introduce a (flower) pot has spawning place, but I believe that this spawning support may increase the pH. Is it possible ? what are the other supports I can uns ewith apistos ?

Thanks for your help !

PS : I also have a trio of apisto baenschis. They are in a 28 gallons, but are the conditions similar than for panduros ?

cootwarm

5 Year Member
Hi William,

5.5 pH is good for baenchi also.

I like to use coconut shell halves. Just saw a coconut in half, scrape out all the flesh and drill an entrance hole. I attach Java Moss and Java Ferns to the outside of the shell and in a short time you hardly see the shell at all. When I gave them a choice, I found they always chose the coconut shell over the rock caves and clay pots.

Michael

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewShNN

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….