• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto Id

mseguin

5 Year Member
Hey all, I picked up these guys at the LFS where I work last week, these ar wild caught. I'm pretty sure I have them ID'd, just want to see if anyone can back it up. I know the pics aren't great, but it was the best I could do for now. One lateral stripe, extends into tail, no caudal spot, finely patterned tail, lyrate tail, hgih dorsal fin.

http://ovas.ca/bridge/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=57232#57232
Thanks.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The pictures are not good enough for an accurate ID. Do you have photos of the females? They would help. From what I can see now, they could be any of the lyretailed iniridae-group species: A. uaupesi, A. sp. Blutkehl/Cutthroat, A. sp. Segelflossen/Sailfin, & even A. sp. Içana. It might even be A. sp. Putzer/Cleaner

Zapisto

5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
The pictures are not good enough for an accurate ID. Do you have photos of the females? They would help. From what I can see now, they could be any of the lyretailed iniridae-group species: A. uaupesi, A. sp. Blutkehl/Cutthroat, A. sp. Segelflossen/Sailfin, & even A. sp. Içana. It might even be A. sp. Putzer/Cleaner

holly......
2 of the A. spp. you mention here was totally unknow by me god , more species to try :) :)

mseguin

5 Year Member
Would you be able to direct me to where I could find pics or descriptions of those spp? I only found thumbnails of "Blutkehl" and it looks like pretty close. Is that the fish that Romer describes at A. uaupesi, bloodthoroat morph?

zmirek

5 Year Member
mseguin said:
Would you be able to direct me to where I could find pics or descriptions of those spp? I only found thumbnails of "Blutkehl" and it looks like pretty close. Is that the fish that Romer describes at A. uaupesi, bloodthoroat morph?
Hi
Try to find new Datz "special edition" reg. dwarfs from SA and there you can see pictures of all species Mike has mentioned.

Best regards

mseguin

5 Year Member
I posted a couple more pics in the original thread, the last one is probably the best for fright markings. I don't think they are blutkehl, they don't have the red throat markings, although a few in the group had a little bit. Otherwise, the markings, finnage, are pretty much the same, although colours are not quite the same. (more orange).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garavar

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….