• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ap. Hongsloi II

cacatuoides

5 Year Member
Sorry for the poor picture quality as I'm using a point & shoot camera....not as pro as SLRs

Here my Ap. Hongsloi II that I got recently, really love the deep red coloration and the yellow face....trying my best to get a better shot but for now...

pair-2.jpg

female.jpg

Male in acclimatising tank (stressed out)
stress.jpg

peterK

5 Year Member
I'm certain that they (especially male) are tank-bred form of A. hongsloi.
Notice that even old males of Macs have much more slender body.

blueblue

5 Year Member
hmm, i think they are hongsloi... again, the tank-bred form is usually a mix which has some genes from Macmasteri and Viejita...

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Look like the domestic form of A. hongsloi to me. This aquarium form was developed from the "type" A. hongsloi (Rotstrich/Red-streak) & mixed with other forms/species within the hongsloi-complex.

cacatuoides

5 Year Member
Some photos which I tried to take using a pns camera :biggrin:
the male is fanning his tail and chasing the female...any remedies?

DSC02354.jpg

DSC02353.jpg

Pair-3.jpg

Malebest.jpg

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
the male is fanning his tail and chasing the female...any remedies?

It sounds to me like he's displaying as a precursor to some breeding so I'm not sure why you'd want a remedy! Just make sure he's not too rough on the girl!

BTW those pics are way better than I've ever managed with my P&S, well done!

cacatuoides

5 Year Member
It sounds to me like he's displaying as a precursor to some breeding so I'm not sure why you'd want a remedy! Just make sure he's not too rough on the girl!

BTW those pics are way better than I've ever managed with my P&S, well done!

I've shot them using ISO1600, I know nuts about camera, just experimenting with my P&S camera....

So far, no injuries sustained by the female....just focusing to raising and feeding them well :biggrin: so far the nicest hongsloi I've ever come across

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….