• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone bought fish from Armkes Rare Aquarium Fish?

dogginfox

5 Year Member
I am looking at buying some fish from Armkes in the very near future, if anyone has bought fish from them before please let me know how it went.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I bought some fish from them several years ago. Great quality, but sizes were not consistant on their Victorians. Great guys to work with though. Very knowledgable and friendly.

snakeskinner

5 Year Member
I just walked through their store on may 8th and I was very impressed with their selection and setup. they are not finished setting up the store so some parts were still a mess and their employees were running around like a bunch of brokers on wall-street filling phone orders so I was doing my best at staying out of their way while still looking around. if you're looking for Africans, they have a lot of very very very nice fish but I didn't see anything else besides catfish. Maybe they'll get into s/a's before long although I don't think they have room. I havn't bought from them but I believe they are a very good place to buy from. From what I've heard they're about the best african cichlid place in the country. Kyle

jonah

5 Year Member
They're just moving into the store, the company itself has been around for quite awhile. I haven't bought directly from them, but they sold a bunch of stuff at the TCA auction in April. I bought a very nice large pair of Protomelas spilonotus "Mara Rocks" and 4 Aulonocara maisoni "Chinteche". All of the fish were in excellent health and condition. The only thing I didn't like is the Aulonocara bag was marked 1m/3f and it was actually in reverse 3m/1f. Hard to complain considering how little I paid for them.

They specialize in African cichlids and cats, but carry a few others like plecos and botias, along with the usual supplies and Texas Holey Rock.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….