• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

anybody bringing any dwarf cichlids to the n.e.c

mightymax1860

just wanted to know if anyone was bringing dwarfs to the n.e.c or if anyone is going from this site in cromwell ct.

tuna

5 Year Member
I will be bringing some F1 Inca's and some Viejita's (Macmasteri)

Tom

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I will be there, and will be sending some fish for the rare fish auction. I will not be able to bring fish with me because I am not checking a bag.

And I am not sure yet what I am going to send for the auction.

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
I have Melgar fry but they are too young. I have a spare pair of Orangeshwans that are going in the auction, though I might be tempted to make a side deal should anyone be interested.

I have some very nice Marble angels as well.

mightymax1860

hey tuna you can bring the incas but they are going home with me. (lol) I am bringing a pair of steindecher's,a pair of anomalas and a curvicep had a nice wild curvicep female but she jumped out, Rich can I ask where did you get the Melgar. and Ted it's problably cheaper to send all your luggage and fish ups Than with the amount of surcharges this airlines are charging today.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I have sold out to the concept of stuffing everything into a just-small-enough roller board and carrying everything on board. Funny... on my past three flights the airline has checked larger carry on bags through to the baggage claim from the gate.... for free... in order to preserve space on the plane. But that does not help me to get fish through security.

One trick I heard of was to use breather bags wrapped in a bulky sweater. Because the fish are organic and in water, they do not show up well on the security xray. Not sure I want to risk that though.

tuna

5 Year Member
Hey Jaun

If your bringing home the Inca's I think I'll bring a few more for someone else.

mightymax1860

that's fine with me Tom no complaints out of me. Ted I guess it's much easier to ship than play twenty questions with airport security why there's garment wrapped fish in one's suitcaise. :biggrin:

WuddyWoodpeckah

5 Year Member
Hey mightymax,

I ran into you at Atlantis a couple of weeks ago.

My steindachneri spawned and now I have the mother leading around about 25 fry, relatively small spawn.

I'll try to make it to the NEC.

~

mightymax1860

that will be great sandi my pair bred to.I took the male out and placed him with onother female.she's gaurding right know how long before they hatched it's been 30 hrs for mine. It will be great if you make it the more the merry I'll be on the look out for you another apisto nut will be good

jakeowen

5 Year Member
So this is a pretty big auction?

I'll try to make it.

I don't have anything ready for the auction, but i would like to bring some new fish home with me.

mightymax1860

It's pretty big. Clubs from jersey, new york,rhode island,penn.,rhode isl,ct.,ma and alot of great speakers,good vendors and great people it is worth the trip if you can make it. If not there's always next year there's interesting fish and there is a ton of experienced keepers in one big hall so don't be shy say hello and share something.

JDM

5 Year Member
I am going to the NEC on Saturday and if anyone is interested I can bring 1 or 2 pairs of Apisto sp. Mamore, probably 1 pair of breitbinden(if sexable) and possibly some Taenicara(if sexable). I will double check tonight to see what I have if anyone has any interest. PM me if interested

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….