• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

agassizii, east-redtail

T

torpesuger

Hi!

Does somebody have a colour image of A. agassizii east-redtail form? I searched the Internet, however I haven't found any. Do you know where and when it was cought first in the Amazonas basin?

In a book, "Bi Lexicon on Aquarium fish" (published in the former East German Republic long ago) there is an image of a male (the only Apistogramma agassizii image in the book) that is perhaps an east-redtail male, but it is not indicated there.

Where can I get this colour form in Europe? Please let me know.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Your "East Redtail Agassizii" is probably an early domestic verision of the Super Red Agassizii. These are domestic strains with a lot of red in the fins. The 'East' probably indicates its origins in Eastern Europe or East Germany. The East German & Czechoslovakian aquarists were limited in what fish they could get before the Wall fell, so they were very good at breeding & improving strains of fish that they could get. Many of these aquarists still have the knack.

T

torpesuger

I would like to attach an image showing possibly an east-redtail. What I like is the yellow belly (in general lots of red colour forms have white belly unfortunately, at least for me; an exception is the redgold variety), the wine-red tail and the mixed green and blue body colour.

I have read the FAQ for how I can attach an image, however I don't find the browse button ("To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.") The image is a 253KB JPG file.

Zsolt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….