• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Agassizi?

Aquatico

5 Year Member
untitled0.htm

Aquatico

5 Year Member
Sorry about the pics. My camera sucks. The fish in the photo is about 1.5 inches long. I do know that they were imported as agassizi from Manaus. Also the was some Apisto hippolytae in with them. And some others that look like young Pertensis. I am thinking A. gephyra.

Don

blueblue

5 Year Member
Aquatico said:
Sorry about the pics. My camera sucks. The fish in the photo is about 1.5 inches long. I do know that they were imported as agassizi from Manaus. Also the was some Apisto hippolytae in with them. And some others that look like young Pertensis. I am thinking A. gephyra.

Don

From your description, i am inclined to say that the one on the left is Gephyra as Gephyra used to be included in the imports with pertensis and hippolytae... do you have better pictures? ^.^

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I tend to agree with blueblue, but without a clear picture of the caudal fin pattern it is impossible to say which species you have. Both A. gephyra & A. agassizii are found with A. hippolytae & A. pertensis/A. cf. pertensis.

Aquatico

5 Year Member
what is the main differance in Agassizi and Gephyra? Looks like I have two kinds in there.

Thanks!

Don

blueblue

5 Year Member
The most distinguishable difference comes from the caudal fin:
Compared to aggie, gephyra's caudal fin has is a dotted
pattern and is "rounder" than aggie's. :)

Aquatico said:
what is the main differance in Agassizi and Gephyra? Looks like I have two kinds in there.

Thanks!

Don

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….