• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

agasizzi egg colors

pzo316

5 Year Member
hi i hav had 3 clutches of eggs eaten by female wos wundering y egss seam to b yellow an not red like shown in books can any1 help .could it b bcos the male did not fertilise them

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Usually non-fertilized eggs show fungus growths, becoming a fuzzy white. Egg color in apistos depends on the food being fed. Red eggs are typically produced by females who are fed a large proportion of foods with caratinoids, like brine shrimp. I have had fertile eggs that were red, gray, white, green, & yellow.

Roach

5 Year Member
I've had the same with some caca broods. The eggs have always been yellowy orange rather than the pinky red that you read about

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….