• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ACA in Atlanta

georgedv

5 Year Member
I think I am about to ask the stupidest question, but here it goes. I want to attend the ACA convention in Atlanta as a spectator. Is there anything I need to do,,,register, find a member to invite me...etc...

I visited their site and found lots of info about the program and a registration form, but I was unable to determine if that was for those who wanted to have a booth.

Any one know...or do I just show up on any one day?

thanks

g

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Plenty of time. Registration does require membership in the ACA or the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association, which is the host club. Early registration rates do not end until (I think) June. Cost of registering at the door is about $10 more.

georgedv

5 Year Member
What do I need to bring with me in order to buy fish and plants (if there are some)? Should I bring a cooler or container, my own bags...
I saw you could rent tanks, is that for those having displays?

I am not sure If I will stay there a couple days, or just visit for one day. What do people do for over nite situations. When I looked at the schedule, auctions are on the last day. Is that the only day fish are bought/sold, or can you buy during the convention...

As you can tell I have never been to one...any help will be great.

g

pikette

5 Year Member
The rental tanks are for holding fish that you may find to buy or to sell fish from.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
There will be fish (and usually some plants) for sale all weekend. Many a few sellers will set up in the rental tank room, and others will set up in their hotel rooms. Getting a rental tank to hold fish you buy is the economic way to go. It will be running when you get there, and when you leave you take your fish and go. Bring bagging supplies, however, because they are not included in the rental tank. If you would rather keep the fish in your room, bring a clean cooler, air pump, air line and a cycled sponge filter. Dechlorinator is also a good idea. If you keep your room warm there is no need for a heater. It is always good to plan ahead. If you think you might buy big predatory fish and little dwarf fish get two rental tanks or bring two coolers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….