• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. sp. D50 - another larvophilous mouthbrooder from Colombia

rr16

5 Year Member
They came from Ray Blackburn who I think got them from Tom. Are yours wild? These are F1.

rr16

5 Year Member
Here are a few pics of the male D10

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 352
  • DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 343
  • DSC_1012.JPG
    DSC_1012.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 308
  • DSC_1013.JPG
    DSC_1013.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 321
  • DSC_1028.JPG
    DSC_1028.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 326

rr16

5 Year Member
Ok, so, here goes! My D10 have not got red eyes. Ray says they don't have red eyes. Tom says they do. Frank, what are yours like?

rr16

5 Year Member
I've just looked at yours on facebook Frank and they have red eyes! Oh bugger!

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
The amount of red coloration around the pupil is in fact variable among different specimens. Here are some of the fish I have kept:

DSC_0278_b_c.jpg
DSC_0510_b_c.jpg
IMG_7369_b_c.jpg
IMG_7918.JPG
IMG_8323_c.jpg

I have seen older photos of Ray’s fish with quite pronounced red eye-rings. If they in fact show them no longer, maybe the red color can diminish over time?

rr16

5 Year Member
Hmm, interesting. Thanks. Ray's answer to "Do D10 have red eyes?" was "They have black eyes - they are only red if you poke them in the eye!" I'll have a chat with him at the next club meeting. So, am I right in saying that if a female shows any blue on the cheeks or any slight patterning in the caudal, she is male?

rr16

5 Year Member
Bugger! That's what I get for buying a pair off a scouser! Ha ha.

chris1805

5 Year Member
When looking at the photos of my D10 male i am not spotting any red in the eye as well. When i am home today i will try to look at it in more detail for both the male and female.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….