• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A new member...Hello!

Pickyswamp

Hi all!

Iv been lurckin this site for quite a long time, thanks to dw, but just today made my sign in. I love Apistos and other dwarf ciclids (and all tiny fish too!), and kept few species but unfortunately with no great succes since our tap water is pretty nasty. We started to collect rainwater for couple of months ago and results have been nice so I encouraged myself to buy some more amazonian fish species, like Nannostomus and Apistos. Then I bought RO. Right now we are having only some dwarf ciclids: 6xMicrogeophagus altispinosus in 300l tank (spawning+fry regularly wich is a miracle in out water, naturally EC 400-500uS) and 1+3 A borellii in 250l. Earlied we have kept Dicrossus filemantosus (tried to spawn, laterly all dead) and A cacatuoides (got some fry). We have five tanks: 600l, 300l, 250l, 45l and a nano, have a look on other forums!

Cheers,

Maria from Finland

fart

5 Year Member
Hi

Welcome to the forum. Cool to know that our neighbors in Finland also likes dwarf cichlids.
Is it easy to get apistos in Finland?

With regards
RHD

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi Maria,
Nice to see you and your tanks, I just love ripariums. It was the other way around for me, I originally became a member of the UKAPS forum, after I met Ed Seeley (from UKAPS) on Apistogramma forums.

cheers Darrel

Pickyswamp

Hi

Welcome to the forum. Cool to know that our neighbors in Finland also likes dwarf cichlids.

With regards
RHD

Hi and nice to meet you here, neighbour! You rarely meet swedish hobbyists in these cosmopolitan forums. Actually Iv been trying to find some Swedish forum to practise my poor swedish, but all I have found is Nordiska Discus sällskapet and PlantSwap. Is there some worth of signing in? What a beautiful fish in you avatar, is it A baenschi? Never seen it IRL so just a wild guess.

Hi Maria,
Nice to see you and your tanks, I just love ripariums. It was the other way around for me, I originally became a member of the UKAPS forum, after I met Ed Seeley (from UKAPS) on Apistogramma forums.

cheers Darrel

Darrel, Darrel...So good to see you! You know, your knowledge and your way to take care of your own tanks has inspired and helped me alot! I like "old fashioned" way to take care of tanks without too agressive (high) technology, more laying biological procedures on... biological functions, but also learn and find the balance throughout this. Im so glad you linked this forum to me a while ago, I have found many very informative discussions here!

Cheers, Maria

Pickyswamp

Hi
With regards
RHD

Oh, sorry, I forgot to answer this! Yes and no. Most LFSs sell all the time A cacatuoides and borellii. Sometimes you can see A agassizii, hongsloi, macmasteri, nijsseni, panduro and viejita. Dicrossus filamentosa every now and then. I personally like A trifasciata (along Dicrossus) but never seen it here. How about you, do you get Apistos and other dwarfs easily in Sweden?

Cheers,

fart

5 Year Member
Hi

I am not a Swede im Norwegian:p.

Regarding good forum in Sweden i highly recommend Nordiska Ciklidsällskapet a realy good forum with an excellent arts registry of all kinds of cichlids.

You can join the forum for free or join the Nordiska Ciklidsällskapet for only 295 sek a year and you get
4 no of Ciklidbladet.

Regarding my avatar its as you say A. baenschi. Its my alfa male from some years ago.

It varies a lot regarding access to Apistogramma here i live in Norway mostly the spices you named is the one we can find here. But south in Norway its a lot more apistogrammas.

I have a lot of A trifasciata. got lucky some years ago and had success breeding them.
aptrimale.jpg

With regards
RHD

Pickyswamp

Hi
I am not a Swede im Norwegian:p.
With regards
RHD

Oh, I see! I live in southern archipelago in Finland so I thought that you are the nearest neighbour. You are northern neighbour! Anyway, I have visited Nordkap and northern Norway years ago, soooo beautiful!

What a...oh my... beautiful A trifasciata male! Yes, I definetly HAVE to find a new bigger tank for my Apistos in order to get these! My husband will be really gratefull to you.: once again just a bit bigger tank.... And the tank in your trifasciata pic looks fantastic too, I have no doubt why you succeeded breeding them!

Welcome Maria from Finland!
Thank you Josh! Nice to meet you too!

Cheers,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….