• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. hongsloi

Bilbo

5 Year Member
Just got a pair of hongsloi. I missed out when they first came in but someone bred a few and I was extremely lucky to be allowed to buy some off her. I am really excited :biggrin:

Hope I can breed them to keep them going here. They look like wild colours but even 1/2 grown the male looks fantastic.
I have tried to read up on them but no two sites have the same details. They are in the black water tetra tanks at the moment. Is that ok or do they prefer white water conditions?

And…I took my 8 y/old to the river mouth yesterday and found a 'swarm' of mysis shrimp. Once I found them it only took one dip of the net to get more than enough for all my fish. I was going to try and culture mysis but why bother when they are 15 minutes drive away :)

bigbird

5 Year Member
Well done, I bred these and your conditions seem perfect. I did however have them in clear water. good luck and they are stunners.. cheers jk :biggrin:

MonteSS

Nice pickup.

I got some Hongsloi Rostrich from Apistodave. They are still pretty small but healthy and active

Picture2317.jpg

...Bill

animalmgc

5 Year Member
I have 6 of those to and they are gorgeous even being as small as they are.Dave does seem to have a way with helping his fish produce nice off spring

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….