• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. cacatuoide YGTR

brad

5 Year Member
Boupette, I`ve spawned them once before (I only had them for a short period of time) I found that it didn`t take anything special. Typical Cac fashion. I also know that you`ve had good success with a few fish and should have no problems with them. Good luck. (Oui, nous sommes tous des Boupettes :biggrin: )

Boupette

5 Year Member
Thanks Brad! But why do you say :"I only had them for a short period of time".
Is that because they died? Are they fragiles cacatuoides compared to others?

I have a couple of experiences with breeding but not yet with Apistogrammas.
Laetacaras and Pelvicachromis are easy ones, Angels too if you make water changes every day. I find YGTR so beautifull so I hope I'll make it!

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
I wouldn't consider them hybrids as that's crossing different species. I would consider them to have crossed colour morphs maybe.

brad

5 Year Member
No they didn`t die. They were kind of dumped on me and I really didn`t have the time to care for them. They have to be tough to live through the 2 months I had them. When I found someone to take them, they were gone. Beautiful fish, hardy, easy to breed, I just had no more room and no time. You`ll enjoy them I`m sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewShNN

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….