• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Borellii in 29 gal

Jeffk

5 Year Member
Hi - my first post here. I've got a pair of A. Borellii in a 29 gal (30" x 12" footprint) along with 5x albino cories, 1x honey gourami, and 6x white clouds. I have no intention of breeding them (not sure if they even would with my pH of 8.0). I'm wondering if it's possible to have another pair (or even a total of 2 males and 3-4 females) if aquascaped correctly (and what should that aquascaping look like?). I currently have 3 caves in the tank and could easily add more. The tank currently has a large driftwood-like looking ornament in the middle, along with many (12-15) fake plants. My main concern is aquascaping to allow for 2 borellii males. What are the chances in a 29 gal? I also have a 15 gallon if someone needed to be removed. Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Yes, it is possible but I doubt you would like the appearance of the aquarium. The tank would need so many visual boundaries that you wouldn't be able to see many of the fish at one time.

Jeffk

5 Year Member
Yes, it is possible but I doubt you would like the appearance of the aquarium. The tank would need so many visual boundaries that you wouldn't be able to see many of the fish at one time.

Mike - thanks for you reply. I thought if I had a chance with any apposite, it would be borellii. I think I'll just enjoy the pair I have then (and eventually put a pair in my 15 gal too ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….