• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Agassizi sexing and compatibility

digitallinh

Hello, I very recently bought a single Agassizi from petsmart and am looking to get one more. I have attached pictures in hopes someone would be able to determine the sex. I am guessing female, but am not 100% sure since it hasn't started coloring up yet.

Also, I have 4 (1m:3F) peacock gudgeons in the 30g with a bolivian ram. Would the apistos breeding cause serious issues? The tank is pretty heavily planted (plenty of hiding places.) Any insight would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 10.jpeg
    10.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 388
  • 11.jpeg
    11.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 360

digitallinh

a little over an inch long. I added a definite male today that is about 2 inches long.

This is my first time keeping apistos in my main tank and the male chases my Bolivian Ram / CPDs / Peacock Gudgeons.

He tends to leave the female apisto alone. Are apisto's usually like this, will they actually cause any harm? Or will this guy settle down once he settles in. I wonder if I should take him out. So far I don't see much evidence of damaged fins, but would you advise I take him out if so?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 359
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 341

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….