• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

75 liter A. baenschi biotope

rasmusW

5 Year Member
hey all!

i thought i show a few pics of my new 75 liter tank.
it's the new home for my baenschi pair and the remaining 3 copella callolepis.

specs:

aquael turbo 500 sponge filter
aquael leddy smart 6w, 8000k led.
100w heater

i used beech banches and a few redmoore roots.
there is also a lot of coconut fibers, ketapang and other types of leafs.

as for plants i used limnobium laevigatum, guppy grass (not sure of the latin name), foxtail/horntail (don't know what the english word is for that one).

-i'm not sure if it qualifies as a biotope tank, probally don't because of the plants.

well, looking forward to hear what you think.
IMG_4869_2.jpg
IMG_4870_2.jpg
IMG_4871_2.jpg

-r

rasmusW

5 Year Member
thanks a lot dean. ye! i have been thinking if it's enough light or if i should get another light, but so far i kinda like it. -just hope the plants will do okay.

hey darrel!
thanks for helping out with the plant names.
it's a great forum.. there is always someone with a useful answer.

and now on to fixing the 110 liters:)

-r

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Thought it was time for a small update. The baenschis had their first spawn in this tank and the mother have been giving the kids a nice tour around the tank. -but Tonight i noticed she had lost her breeding dress and i can only spot one fry (hopefully there is more hiding somewhere). So i sadly suspect that one or both parents have been taking a late night snack on their own kids.

Ha!!! As i’m writing all this sadness a bunch of the fry appeared. There where atleast five or six.

What a cliffhanger...

To be continued...

-r

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Hi all!

Here's a little holiday update.
I got around 12 kids still going strong and the female just brought out a new batch of free swimming wigglers... -what a present:)
Earlier this month i bought another lamp. Now i can see the whole tank:)

I haven't been able to get any pics of the mother and her new batch. -But i did get some of the proud father.
IMG_5004_2.jpg
IMG_5016_2.jpg
IMG_5014_2.jpg
IMG_5006_2.jpg
IMG_5005_2.jpg
IMG_5017_2.jpg

-r

rasmusW

5 Year Member
my good ol' couple here, brought out yet another batch of small fishes.. they are now just about 1--3mm. large and roaming through the entire tank.

-r

rasmusW

5 Year Member
No, actually not. They are kids of my first baenschi pair. I got my lfs to bring them home from ruinemanns in Holland. They usually label their Wild caughts. These where not...

Long way around for just saying “no, they are not”... :)

-r

rasmusW

5 Year Member
hey again!

another batch of cool kids have seen bright LED tank light.
i have also added a few bonus pics of the ol' daddy and the older siblings.
IMG_5139_2.jpg
IMG_5137_2.jpg
IMG_5138_2.jpg
IMG_5142_2.jpg

-r

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….